Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Women's NCAA Midwest Regional Power Rankings 2-17-10
1. Michigan Tech 22-1 +1 The Huskies regain the top spot, maybe for good, and have clinched a home playoff game in the lopsided GLIAC.
2. Indianapolis 24-2 -1 UIndy lost both their games, one on the road, one on a last second shot, against teams that could face the Greyhounds come tournament time.
3. Drury 22-6 NC Drury has coasted into the tournament with a pretty easy schedule, including their final game against Rockhurst
4. Northern Kentucky 19-6 +3 The Norse have won ten straight behind Casse Mogan putting up 17 points per game.
5. Wisconsin-Parkside 19-6 -1 The Rangers are only 2-2 in their last four games.
6. Northern Michigan 17-6 -1 The Wildcats can solidify their playoff bid with a big road win against the Oilers.
7. Southern Indiana 19-7 +2 The Screaming Eagles climbed back into the top 8 by handing the Greyhounds their first loss.
8. Grand Valley 16-5 NC At this point in the season, a split in the UP isn’t good enough to move the Lakers up.
9. Findlay 17-6 -3 The Oilers are starting out slower than they have all year, setting up an interesting matchup against NMU who’s having similar problems.
10. Quincy 19-6 +2 The Hawks grabbed the win against UWP, but playoff seeding is on the line tomorrow against Lewis.
11. Lake Erie 17-9 -1 A school record winning streak was snapped by a 89-87 loss to Ohio Dominican.
12. Bellarmine 15-10 +1 The Knights are now at .500 in GLVC play after the thrilling win over UIndy, but the Knights have to pull off at least one road win to end the season at that mark.
13. Lewis 14-11 -2 The Flyers will have to turn around their low rebounding streak and attack the boards against Southern Indiana and Quincy to go into the tournament strong.
14. Hillsdale 11-11 +1 The Chargers are a tough team to beat when their 3 point shooting is strong, and will need that in their final home games of the year against NMU and Tech.
15. Lake Superior State 12-10 +1 The Lakers have been biding their time as the forgotten team of the GLIAC North, but need to start peaking to have a chance in the conference tournament.
16. Ashland 12-11 +1 The Eagles will need some help to get back into the higher seeds, but with their schedule ending at Hillsdale and Findlay, they can still shake up the GLIAC South.
17. Missouri S&T 13-12 +1 The Miners are playing the perfect trap game against St. Louis before ending their season at Rockhurst.
18. Kentucky Wesleyan 12-14 -4 The Panthers are a measly 5-12 in conference play, including the 2-7 streak they’re on now.
19. Northwood 11-11 NC The T’wolves will play some middle of the road teams before ending the season at Grand Valley.
20. Central State 9-13 +1 The Marauders defeated Kentucky State for the second time this season behind Brooklyn Morrow, the team’s leading scorer with 13.2 ppg.
21. Missouri St. Louis 10-15 -1 Cat Chat’s one-time pick to be a GLVC Cinderella has fizzled lately with a four game losing streak.
22. Rockhurst 8-17 +3 The Hawks first conference winning streak will be demolished by #3 Drury
23. Wayne State 7-16 +1 The Warriors are the ninth ranked team in the GLIAC, but can move up with some help and winning at least three of their last four.
24. Ferris State 6-17 -3 The Bulldogs have shown some spunk in their last four games against quality opponents, but it is just too little too late.
25. Tiffin 6-17 -2 The Dragons are on a five game losing streak and have a real possibility to go the rest of the season without a win.
26. St. Joseph 8-18 +1 The Pumas scored a huge win against Lewis and an expected win against the lowly Prairie Stars, but will need a miracle for their season finale against UWP.
27. Saginaw Valley 5-18 -1 The Cardinals have one more winnable game (home vs. Ferris State) before a road trip to the UP to end the season.
28. *Maryville 5-17 NC At least the Saints have a fighting chance to end their season on a win at UMSL.
29. *Illinois Springfield 2-19 NC We wish you the best of luck in a safe season finale and off season.