Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Women's NCAA Midwest Regional Power Rankings 2-3-10
1. Indianapolis 21-0 NC With an impressive showing against Wisconsin-Parkside, the Greyhounds are the dominant team of the Midwest.
2. Michigan Tech 18-1 NC The Huskies barely made it out of Allendale with a win, but had a solid showing at struggling Ferris.
3. Wisconsin-Parkside 18-4 NC The showdown of the division leaders saw UWP on the losing side, but the Rangers don’t play a top 10 team for the rest of the regular season.
4. Drury 18-4 +1 The Panthers are the only team shooting over 50% in the region.
5. Northern Michigan 14-5 +1 The Wildcats are #1 in defensive rebounding percentage, a stat which was a problem for Northern in the past.
6. Findlay 15-4 +2 The second ranked shooting defense team in the GLIAC will have a great showdown Thursday night at Grand Valley against their second ranked shooting offense.
7. Southern Indiana 15-6 -3 The perfect cure for a three game losing streak and a 2-4 road trip is two home games against teams with losing records.
8. Northern Kentucky 15-6 +2 The Norse are on a six game win streak, but only Wisconsin-Parkside and Bellarmine have winning records.
9. Lake Erie 16-8 NC With only three games left in their season, the Storm can win out pretty easily.
10. Grand Valley 14-5 -3 A missed free throw was all it took for the Lakers to go 0-2 this weekend as they lost two on the road to GLIAC North foes.
11. Quincy 15-5 NC The Hawks have their next four games against two of the three worst teams in the GLVC before hosting GLVC North leading UWP.
12. Lewis 12-9 NC The Flyers have stepped up big this past weekend with a 13 point win over Kentucky Wesleyan and a nine point win over the Screaming Eagles. Lewis has to be very careful to not be trapped on Thursday against St. Joe’s as they prepare for a home and home against UWP.
13. Bellarmine 12-9 NC The Knights have a three game home stand before heading to Indianapolis.
14. Ashland 11-8 NC The Eagles will try to get the season sweep of NMU on Thursday through their defense, which held the Wildcats scoreless for a stretch of over nine minutes the last time these two teams played.
15. Hillsdale 9-9 NC The Chargers have won their last three games, bringing them up to .500 for the second time this season. Hillsdale will try to get over that hump of mediocrity as they play FSU on Thursday.
16. Missouri S&T 11-9 +2 Despite being just over .500, the Miners are sitting in second place of the GLVC West.
17. Lake Superior State 9-9 -1 The Lakers four game losing streak could end with a home Thursday game against Northwood.
18. Kentucky Wesleyan 10-11 -1 Last week’s loss to Lewis pretty much ended any shot for the Panthers.
19. Missouri-St. Louis 10-11 NC The Tritons can really get people believing in them with a win on the road at Southern Indiana.
20. Northwood 10-8 NC The T’Wolves are now seventh in the GLIAC, setting up for an epic bubble battle at LSSU.
21. Rockhurst 6-14 +2 Rockhurst is the worst 3-pt shooting team in the region and that number will not improve with a road trip to Indianapolis.
22. Central State 7-12 NC The Marauders will face a tough local rival in Wilberforce on Thursday.
23. Tiffin 6-13 +4 The Dragons got their sixth win of the season against Wayne State. A trip to the UP however will prevent them from getting #7.
24. Saginaw Valley 4-15 -1 The Cardinals have been on an abysmal nine game losing streak, however that may end against the Warriors of Wayne State.
25. Ferris State 5-14 NC The Bulldogs have nothing to look forward to this week besides getting pounded by the top two GLIAC South teams.
26. *Maryville 5-15 NC The Hawks will have a lot of work to do as 5 of their last 6 are on the road.
27. Wayne State 4-15 -5 Just when you think the Warriors start to step up, they play like they did in week 1. The game at SVSU though should be a high scoring affair that will be fun for the fans to watch.
28. St. Joseph 5-16 NC The Pumas get an automatic bid to the GLVC championship tournament, as the only team worse than St. Joe’s is in their division. The Pumas might as well start preparing for their opening round foe of Missouri S&T or UMSL.
29. *Illinois Springfield 2-19 NC Oakland City. At home. 19-4 run for the Mighty Oaks to open up the second half. There just isn’t anything you can say after that.